Saturday, November 5, 2011

On being lapped....

There is another opinion on this that I hold as a slow old guy that has had occasion to be lapped. While recognizing the desire to not affect the outcome of the winners(1,2,3) , when I get bitched out by a guy in 12th trying to get back 11th on the final lap I have no sympathy no matter how loudly he screams "on your left!". I paid the same $30 he did to race on the same course and if he can't time his passes properly so he is in clear track I say T.S. I'm out racing for a top 80% finish in cross races and we race just as hard at the back and have just as much at stake (crossresults.com points) as #12 dude. So if you are coming up on a hairy old guy and you yell "hold your line" or "on your right", remember I am a little hard of hearing and my reflexes being a little sketchy as they are, don't be surprised when I stuff you into a barrier at the very next corner. Don't say you haven't been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment